Definition of water gum
1 : any of several Australian trees that grow near water especially : a small to medium-sized tree (Tristania laurina) that yields a tough strong close-grained pinkish wood sometimes used for tool handles and mallets
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game