Definition of water gum
1 : any of several Australian trees that grow near water especially : a small to medium-sized tree (Tristania laurina) that yields a tough strong close-grained pinkish wood sometimes used for tool handles and mallets
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game