Definition of water back
1 : a cistern used in brewing for storing hot or cold water
2a : a reservoir at the back of a wood or coal range for heating and storing water
b : a system of tubes often enclosed in a solid casting, placed in the firebox of a wood or coal range on the side opposite the oven for heating water, and connected with a storage tank separate from the range
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game