watch screw threadnoun
Definition of watch screw thread
: a screw thread sometimes used in American watches and having a V profile with a 45-degree included angle for nickel and brass and a 60-degree included angle for steel
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game