Definition of washleather
1 : a soft leather usually made of split sheepskin dressed with oil in imitation of chamois
2 chiefly British : a piece of washleather or soft cloth used for dusting or cleaning : chamois was flicking over the radiator with a washleather— Nicholas Monsarrat
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game