Definition of ward bed
1 : bed, board, and medical and nursing care in a hospital ward
2 : care of a patient at expense of the hospital in return for providing an opportunity for clinical study admitted to a ward bed because he was of interest to the doctors
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?