want no part of/inidiom
Definition of want no part of/in
: to refuse to be involved in (something) She said that she didn't agree with what they were doing and wanted no part of it. He wanted no part in discussing the issue.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game