Definition of wandering tattler
: either of two shorebirds (Heteroscelus incanus and H. brevipes) summering on the coasts and interior of Alaska and Siberia and wintering in many Pacific islands and being similar in form and size to the yellowlegs although the color of their upperparts is a uniform slaty gray
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game