wandering of the poles
Definition of wandering of the poles
: the change in position of the terrestrial poles within an area not over 40 feet in diameter caused by slight more or less cyclic shifts of the body of the earth on its rotational axis and resulting in the variation of latitude
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game