wam·pee | \ wämˈpē also wȯm-\
variants: or less commonly wampi \ " \
Definition of wampee (Entry 2 of 2)
: an Asiatic tree (Clausena lansium) of the family Rutaceae cultivated in Hawaii also : its fruit which is about the size of a large grape and which has a hard rind
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game