walled up; walling up; walls up
Definition of wall up
1 : to close off (an opening) by filling it with stone, brick, etc. They walled up the doorway of the abandoned house.
2 : to keep (someone) as a prisoner in an enclosed space He was walled up in the tower.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game