wall inphrasal verb
walled in; walling in; walls in
Definition of wall in
: to surround (something) with a wall or with something that is like a wall The school grounds are walled in. They walled the garden in with rows of thick shrubs.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game