variants: or walk-around oxygen bottle or less commonly walk-around oxygen unit or walk-around
Definition of walk-around bottle
: a portable container of oxygen for use in high-altitude flying when moving around in the airplane or as an emergency supply if the airplane's oxygen system fails
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?