walk the streetsidiom
Definition of walk the streets
1 : to walk in a city People don't feel safe walking the streets at night.
2 : to be a prostitute who finds customers by walking around in the streets young runaways forced to walk the streets
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game