Definition of wacky tobacky
: marijuana If the War on Drugs gave us nothing else, it at least provided some enduringly quotable anti-drug ads. An entire generation fondly recalls the TV spot where a dad confronts his son over some wacky tobacky, asking, “Who taught you how to do this stuff?”— Ezra Dyer, Car and Driver, January 2015 Cops responding to a report of a marijuana farm on the roof of a Brooklyn building didn't find the wacky tobacky they were looking for—just tomato plants, police and witnesses said Wednesday. — Thomas Tracy, Joseph Stepansky, The New York Daily News, 8 May 2013
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game