variants: or voluntary oath
Definition of voluntary affidavit
1 : an affidavit or oath not required by law : one made in an extrajudicial matter
2 : an affidavit or oath taken before one not authorized to administer it
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?