vol·tam·e·ter | \ välˈtamətə(r), vōl-, -mətə-\
Definition of voltameter
: an apparatus for measuring the quantity of electricity passed through a conductor by the amount of electrolysis produced (as by measuring the gases generated from acidulated water or by weighing the silver deposited from a solution of silver nitrate)
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game