Definition of volcanic neck
: a column of igneous rock that is formed by congelation of lava or the consolidation of volcanic breccia in the conduit of a volcano and that may later be left standing above the adjacent country by the removal of surrounding rocks by erosion
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?