vo·la·dor | \ ˌvōləˈdȯ(ə)r\
Definition of volador
1 : any of various flying fishes (as Cypselurus californicus of California and Exocoetus mesogaster and C. bahaiensis of the West Indies)
2 : a widely distributed flying gurnard (Dactylopterus volitans) of the Atlantic ocean
3 : any of various sailfishes (as Istiophorus volador of Florida and I. americanus of the Gulf Stream)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?