Definition of voice qualifier
: one of the manners of speaking (as whining, chuckling, loud tone of voice, rasp, general high pitch) that may accompany the articulation of the vowels and consonants of an utterance and convey a meaning of social relationship and emotion
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game