Definition of visiting teacher
1 : an educational officer employed by a public school system to go into the homes of pupils in order to effect cooperation between school and family, assist in the solving of social or emotional problems due to home environment, instruct sick or handicapped pupils unable to attend school, or enforce attendance regulations
2 : a social worker whose duty is dealing with behavior problems among school children
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game