Definition of visiting teacher
1 : an educational officer employed by a public school system to go into the homes of pupils in order to effect cooperation between school and family, assist in the solving of social or emotional problems due to home environment, instruct sick or handicapped pupils unable to attend school, or enforce attendance regulations
2 : a social worker whose duty is dealing with behavior problems among school children
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game