visit on/uponphrasal verb
visited on/upon; visiting on/upon; visits on/upon
Definition of visit on/upon
formal + old-fashioned
: to punish (someone) with (something) The Lord visited a plague upon the city.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game