Definition of violet scab
: a disease of violets and especially of the sweet violet caused by a fungus (Sphaceloma violae) and characterized by brownish warty outgrowths on the leaves which become brittle and crack very easily when handled
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game