\ ˈvint \
Definition of vint
(Entry 1 of 2)
: to make (wine) from fruit cherry-wine vinted in the … forest— O. E. Schniebs
\ " \
Definition of vint (Entry 2 of 2)
: a card game resembling whist and similar to auction bridge in its bidding that has every trick scored and on a failed bid has the declarer score as usual while the adversaries score 100 times the value for their tricks
— called also Russian whist
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game