vil·leg·gia·tu·ra | \ və̇ˌlejəˈtu̇rə\
variants: or less commonly villegiature \ və̇ˌlāzhəˈtu̇(ə)r \
Definition of villeggiatura
1 : residence in the country for a holiday : a country holiday go into villeggiatura at the farm— W. J. Locke
2 : a place that is suitable for a holiday from the city : rural or suburban retreat
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?