vic·ar·ess | \ -kərə̇s\
Definition of vicaress
1 : a nun whose official rank is immediately below that of the superior of a convent
2 : a woman who is the representative or vicegerent of someone else
3 : a vicar's wife
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?