Definition of vernal sedge
: a Eurasian sedge (Carex caryophyllea) with stoloniferous habit and early-blooming spikes that is naturalized in the eastern U.S.
— called also iron grass
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game