Definition of vermilion rockfish
: a common commercially important red rock cod (Sebastodes miniatus) of the Pacific coast of North America that is vermilion to brick red above shading to pink and light red on the sides and belly and liberally speckled with black on the back and sides
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game