Definition of vermilion flycatcher
: any of several American flycatchers of the genus Pyrocephalus which have in the adult male bright scarlet and brownish gray or black plumage and one (P. rubinus mexicanus) of which is found as far north as southern Texas and Arizona
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game