ver·a·tram·ine | \ -ˈtraˌmēn, -mə̇n, və̇ˈra‧trəmə̇n\
Definition of veratramine
: a crystalline alkaloid C27H39NO2 obtained from hellebore and especially American hellebore
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game