venire facias de novonoun
variants: or less commonly venire de novo
Definition of venire facias de novo
: a new writ of venire issued to summon a jury anew on some irregularity or defect in the proceeding under the first venire also : an order granting a new trial for any reason
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?