ven·da·val | \ ˌvendəˈval, -väl\
Definition of vendaval
1 : a gusty southwest wind occurring chiefly in winter about the strait of Gibraltar
2 : an autumnal thundersquall on the coast of Mexico
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?