velvet bean caterpillarnoun
Definition of velvet bean caterpillar
: a caterpillar that is the larva of a noctuid moth (Anticarsia gemmatilis) and feeds on velvet beans, soybeans, and other leguminous crops in southern U.S.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game