vel·u·ti·na | \ ˌveləˈtīnə \
Definition of velutina
1 capitalized : a genus of marine gastropods related to the moon shells but having a shell with few whorls and a thick periostracum
2 plural -s : any member of the genus Velutina
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game