Definition of velocity modulation
: modification of the velocity of a stream of electrons by imparting alternate accelerations and decelerations to the electrons in such a way that they are caused to bunch together with the result that each bunch causes a cycle of current as it passes an output electrode
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?