Definition of vegetable weevil
: a South American weevil (Listroderes obliquus) that has been introduced into North America, Australia, Africa, and Hawaii and is very destructive to many vegetable and other crop plants
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game