Definition of vegetable parchment
: a highly grease-resistant and water-resistant paper resembling parchment, often used as a food wrapper, and made by passing unsized paper through sulfuric acid to gelatinize its surface and then washing and drying it
— called also parchment paper
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game