variants: or less commonly varsouviana \ ˌvärsōˈvyänə \
Definition of varsoviana
1 : a graceful dance similar to a mazurka and popular in many European countries, Mexico, and the U.S.
2 : music for the varsoviana characterized by a slow triple meter and a strong initial accent in every second measure
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game