Definition of vanadium steel
1 : steel alloyed with vanadium which strenghtens the steel and serves to remove oxygen and possibly nitrogen
2 : steel alloyed with vanadium and other elements (as chromium)
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game