Definition of vanadium oxide
: an oxide of vanadium: such as
a : the sesquioxide V2O3 obtained as a black crystalline powder by reducing vanadium pentoxide : di-vanadium trioxide
b : the dioxide VO2 or V2O4 obtained as blue-black crystals by partially reducing vanadium pentoxide
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game