:the quality or state of being valid: such as
:the state of being acceptable according to the law
- The validity of the contract is being questioned.
- What the federal courts have ruled … is that renunciations made behind barbed wire were essentially under duress, and thus of no legal validity.
- —Roger Daniels
:the quality of being well-grounded, sound, or correct
- the validity of an argument/theory
- Other researchers have questioned the validity of the test results.
- Later he acknowledged that there was no validity to his report.
- —David Hiltbrand