vac·u·um·ize | \ pronunciation at vacuum +ˌīz\
Definition of vacuumize
1 : to produce a vacuum in
2 : to clean, dry, or pack by a vacuum mechanism or in a vacuum container
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game