Definition of vacuum tank
: a tank which is used with some internal-combustion engines, into which the fuel (as gasoline) is sucked from the main tank, and from which it flows by gravity to the carburetor usually directly below
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?