Definition of vacuum coffeemaker
: a coffeemaker consisting of an upper bowl that holds ground coffee and a filtering device and is fitted by a tight seal into a lower bowl that holds water which on boiling rises into the upper bowl from which it is drawn through the coffee back into the lower bowl by the suction caused by the reduced pressure upon removal of the heat
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?