variants: or vacancy permit
Definition of vacancy clause
: a special endorsement in property insurance permitting premises to be vacant or unoccupied beyond the period stipulated in the original contract and insured during the extension period either for the full or a reduced amount
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game