uvu·lar·ia | \ ˌyüvyəˈla(a)rēə\
Definition of uvularia
1 capitalized : a genus of North American herbs (family Liliaceae) having erect stems, sessile or perfoliate leaves, and yellowish drooping bell-shaped flowers
2 plural -s : a plant of the genus Uvularia
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?