Definition of usual covenant
1 : one of the covenants for title usually inserted in a deed conveying land to secure to the grantee the benefit of the title purported to be conveyed
2 : a covenant by the lessor for quiet enjoyment so far as concerns the lessor's own acts and those of persons claiming under or through the lessor, or one of the covenants by the lessee to pay rent, to pay taxes except those expressly payable by the lessor, to keep and deliver up the premises in repair, and to allow the lessor to enter and view the state of repair
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game