Definition of use to
—used to say that something existed or repeatedly happened in the past but does not exist or happen now —used with did Did you use to work there?It didn't use to be like that.He didn't use to smoke.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game