uro·patagium | \ ¦yu̇(ˌ)rō+\
Definition of uropatagium
1 : the membrane that extends between the thighs of a bat and commonly includes the tail
2 : one of two plates bounding the sides of the anus in insects
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?