urge onphrasal verb
urged on; urging on; urges on
Definition of urge on
: to encourage (someone or something) to move ahead, to do something, etc. riders urging their horses on I wanted to quit but she urged me on.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?