Definition of unsell
1 : to dissuade from a belief in the truth, value, or desirability of something ads that unsell the public on energy consumption
2 : to discourage a belief in the truth, value, or desirability of I unsold the coat he wanted and sold him another
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?